Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Friday, September 23, 2011

Looking for the Old Barn Boutique?

2013 UPDATE
Google may have sent you here, but it's not me. I can't tell you much, but...

In previous years, I've stopped in and found lots of country style handcrafts, painted vintage furniture, and some not painted, maple syrup and honey and I think preserves.  Lots of autumn stuff, and lots of winter and christmas decor, quilts, and whatever is currently trending in country style vintage collectibles.  Prices seem to range on the lower side of reasonable, with higher priced items being time-consuming hand crafts and better quality vintage wares, which seemed perfectly fair.

The signs are up for the season and they say September 19-22, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.  Most years, I've noticed that they extend to the weekend after, so you PROBABLY have two weekends to shop.  I keep meaning to track down her phone number and see what else I should say, but I never think of it until I see the sign up, and I'm usually busy, and so the best I can do is sit here at midnight updating the basics.

 I can tell you it's just North of Belle Plaine on hwy 169.  If you are coming down from the cities, it's after Jim's Apple Barn (big bright yellow barn about five miles past Jordan).  As the highway rises and curves slightly, get ready to turn left.  If you miss the turn, there's an old gas station up ahead, on the left, where you can easily turn around, without getting traffic up your tailpipe.

After shopping, come the rest of the way to Belle Plaine and check out Emma Krumbee's Scarecrow Festival.  I think the food is much better in the General Store than the restaurant, if you decide to eat there.  If you want really good food, head back toward Jordan, and after you go back past the Apple Barn, watch for the little place called "Suzette's", next to the OK Corral.  It has city prices, but really good gourmet food.

While you're here on my blog, click "home" to read the latest posts, and see what I do, when not trying to maintain a neighborhood bulletin board, or pop over to my website, theartofthehome.com.

No comments: