Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Friday, September 16, 2011

It's not just for weddings...

Some of you may be tired of reading about the barn with chandeliers, but it has been the focus of most of my "non-work" hours for the past several weeks, and will be the focus of my "days off" this weekend, so that's what I'm posting today. Cindy's open house is Sunday, so you can expect Monday's post to show photos of the event, and the gorgeous "finished" space. Later next week, I'll probably give you a peek at a few of the million square feet of knotty pine paneling I whitewashed, and some new paint projects.



This is Cindy's best friend, Simon, who maintains a supervisory role in all barn refurbishing projects.



As Simon says, the open house is this Sunday, September 18th, from 3-8p.m..  You will be amused and amazed by this charming event location, and if the venue isn't entertainment enough, you can test out the dance floor, and be entertained by a few story tellers.  In fact, at some point, yours truly takes the stage to regale you with tales of...um, I'm not exactly sure, as I haven't written it yet.  Being recently singlified, I'm having a bit of a challenge coming up with amusing stories that won't scare off Cindy's potential wedding clients.  I have a little over 48 hours though, so no sweat.  (If you are laughing at this last sentence, you know me too well, or you too are a writer.)

The barn, Rubies & Rust, is easy to find.  Belle Plaine is on 169, south of Minneapolis.  Whether coming from north or south, take the Main Street exit off of 169, and at the top of the ramp, hang a rightOnce off of the overpass, take the first right, which is Hickory Blvd, and follow this to the top of the hill.  At the top of the hill, you have no choice but to turn left.  Okay, technically you could u-turn, drive through a cornfield, or sit and contemplate life, but these options don't apply in the quest to arrive at the barn, so turn left.  Once you pass the beige subdivision, the road will turn to gravel, and curve gently.  After the curve, you'll see the barn on the left, tucked into some trees.

Note:  There is a barn boutique on 169, just north Belle Plaine, this weekend.  This isn't us, but if you like country decor, maple syrup, and nice people, you might like to check it out.

Here's a sneak peek at the reception area upstairs:






















I do so hope to see you there, if you are in the area, or to see on the blog stats, after Monday night's post, that you have checked in from around the world.  No, I can't tell who it is, just which country you checked in from.  Even better, I would love to see your comments, which you can easily post at the end of every blog entry.  If you don't want to comment publicly, you are welcome to email me at dawnmariedelara@gmail.com, unless of course you are a spammer who wants me to help with an international financial transaction, tell me I've won the Irish lottery for the tenth time today, or offer me male enhancement products (?!?!?!), in which case, I truly wish you wouldn't bother, as it just gives me more stuff to wade through in the spam filter.
After this event, for which I am wearing a lavender bridesmaid dress from bridetobeconsignment.com (actually, not as scary as I first envisioned!), I'll be back to focusing on creating beautiful living environments for clients.  I do travel, so even if you aren't in the Minneapolis area, check out my website, theartofthehome.com, to see what I can do for you.

No comments: