Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Thursday, September 13, 2012

A lovely Scottish dish...

Last Saturday, to celebrate completion of the first issue of 365 Being, and my first day off since I don't know when, I went to the Renaissance Festival.  I had especially wanted to go for this particular weekend, because it was Highland Games weekend, complete with kilt competition.  Being a Lewis descendant, I take my kilt inspecting duties seriously.  While an adorable tow-headed toddler in Royal Stewart stole the show, several others made a fair showing for themselves, these two among them...
Who won the vote by applause?  Modern cool or the whole nine yards?  Funny enough,the lovely laddie on the left won a t-shirt for third place, but top honors went to a woman in traditional dress who danced, and a ten year old boy in black watch.  Take heed advertisers, your public is not as dumb as you think.  Of course, we see who's picture I got. 
Most of the week has been taken up with trips back and forth to the printer, or to Cat's computer to fix minor flaws with the bookazine.  We also planned most of the winter issue, and I can't wait to get started on that.  Starting is always fun.  Can't say I'm as excited about the finishing part that follows, but I'm sure it will be easier than this first issue...right?

I do actually still decorate homes for a living, despite not showing an awful lot of that on here, lately.  I even spent much of today working on small studio projects and samples for upcoming jobs, but nothing nearly so photogenic as tartans, so I'll not even bore you with snapshots.  If you're going to eat dessert first, why spoil the decadence by following up with dinner?

No comments: