Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Third time's a charm...I hope!

One of the nice things about having a piece of furniture custom painted, is that it is custom.  Which means you can change your mind, even after it's completely done.  It will cost you more, but you get exactly the piece you want, exactly the color you want.  

Julie's hutch, take 3.
This hutch was on the blog just a couple of weeks ago. Julie was thrilled with the blended finish when I left, but called about a week later to say that after living with it for a bit, she really wanted it darker. I stripped off some of the previous paint, so I would get some wood showing through at the end, then added a spruce green glaze, topped with an icy wash of the original pale green.
Julie's hutch, last week.
There isn't really one right way, or one right color.  I think both finishes are equally pretty, but I do admit I like the darker green with her cherry cabinets and black counters.  Mostly, I like when my clients are completely happy.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I just be holdin' the brush!

For information on how to commission me to paint for you, visit my website, theartofthehome.com.

If you are customizing a piece yourself and run into questions, feel free to email me, and I will do my best to answer.  dawnmariedelara@gmail.com

No comments: