Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Friday, June 24, 2011

Jordan Art Festival

While busily working away on preparations for tomorrow's art festival, I heard a knock at the door, and answered it to find a sweet young lady named Brooke, here to tell me all about Dish Network and DirecTV.  As a recovering decorating show addict, I had to just say "No", but when she admired the paint on my front porch, I invited her in for a quick tour.  When I told her my mess-in-progress was for an art festival, she asked if the details were on my blog. 

OOOOPS!

Here's how I'm spending Friday night this week...Redoing the photo display to show my latest work, and hmm, maybe updating the business name on it would be a fine idea, since it changed a couple of years ago.
So, this is short notice, but if you don't have plans for the weekend, head out highway 169, south of Minneapolis to the sweet little town of Jordan.  On Saturday there is both The Jordan Art Festival and Pork in the Park, and on Sunday there are some special children's activities.  You can continue on down 169 just a few miles past Belle Plaine and watch for the signs to Henderson.  This is also the weekend for their Sauerkraut Festival, and even if you don't like kraut, the scenic drive and the charming town are worth the trip.

Oh, and I guess I better put together more of my hand assembled business cards.  Yes, each one gets layered and embellished.  I'm sure there is medication for people like me, but it's such a delightful insanity, why cure it?
Jordan Art Festival hours are 10-5 on Saturday and 10-4 on Sunday.  I'll be down by Maureen Carlson's Center for Creative Arts, in the Keystone booth.  Hope to see you there!

At least the booth signs are finished, and drying on top of the sewing project that's spread across the dining room table.  There isn't a bare table top around here tonight!
Check back late Monday night for photos of our booth and the rest of the festival, and watch for a link to Brooke's new blog, sometime in the near future.  She's a girl who's been places and does things, so she'll probably have something interesting to share.  I hope the sales people who knock on your door are such a delight to meet!

If you can't make it to the festival, you can check out my work at theartofthehome.com.

If you are working on a project and run into snags, feel free to email questions to dawnmariedelara@gmail.com.  If I know the answer, I'll be happy to share it.

No comments: