Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Monday, October 29, 2012

Sunrise, Sunset...Sunrise

This was the view Sunday morning, from last week's project site.  It was also the view this (Monday) morning.  I didn't look out the window much in between, but I could have, because I was there working straight through all twenty-four hours, and then some.  I do this occasionally.  The project had a rough start, and I'm behind, with other jobs waiting, and the winter issue of 365 Being (365being.com, check it out!) to get ready for the printer, plus carpet installers expected in a couple of days, so I badly need to finish.  It's also nice to work when few if any other contractors are on site.  Seriously, there are times I feel like the forbidden woman on a sixteenth century sailing ship, but I have so far refrained from any "As a matter of fact, I am a real witch" comments.  :)  I'm professional like that. 
October sunrise on Rietz Lake, Waconia, MN.
Anyway, yes, I had a good nap this morning.  Well, except for two insistent knocks on my door (I'm pretty sure it was not the Prize Patrol, but more likely a local political candidate, with whom I did not wish to have a pajama clad conversation), and three phone calls.  Hmmm.  Perhaps at this point it's obvious somebody needs a little more sleep.  So yes, I am heading to bed very early.  Before I hit the pillows, here's a peek at what I'll be finishing in the wee hours before sunrise tomorrow morning...
The before shot.
That shot above is where it started, which you saw last week, when it was featured with one in progress (???), in all its un-glory.  Now, here's a hint of what it looked like a few days ago...
Creating the required non-combustible surround.
I'll be back here Thursday, with photos either of all four fireplaces complete, or if I manage to get a moment to turn the front weed patch into something that looks like intentional Halloween decor (not much of a stretch, sadly), I might share that first and leave the big fireplace reveal for next Monday.  Feel free to cast your vote!

No comments: