Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Monday, December 5, 2011

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it's off to work I go...

Bright paper ornaments on a sparkly white tree.
I spent today getting ready for my series of open house events here at Belle Ami, which starts with a Red Hats tour on Thursday morning.  It was a tough day of work, I tell ya.  I had to make hot pink snowflakes, and lime green paper flowers, and decorate the guest bedroom.  Luckily, I had a ten-year-old to help me.  Faithie kindly agreed to stay after art class, and for the cost of lunch (two hot dogs and a bag of Doritos from Kwik Trip-her choice), she toiled at my side.  We cut, we glued, we worked our fingers to the bone...okay, more like we glued our fingers to the paper cutter, while goofing off, but we got the job done.
Faithie's blue flower is the perfect topper for our not-so-traditional tree.

Make these same flowers in elegantly patterned scrap booking papers, and you would have a completely different look.

I think I'll probably add a dash more color, but it's essentially done.
I really wish everyone could love Mondays at work as much as I do!  The rest of the week should be fun, too.  In the wee hours, I'm pushing to finish painting the flowers on the dining room dresser (nearly there), then working on a 60 foot long contemporary style children's mural most days, and spending evenings here, with various friends stopping in to help decorate more trees, tables and corners.  One might say the lines between work and play are clearly blurred this week.  Whatever you work at, work happy (or stay home and make some art)!

No comments: