Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Friday, December 2, 2011

Announcing...

Isn't she sweet?
Got your Christmas card photos yet?  Been out to see my house lately?  No to one or both?  Then mark your calendar for Sunday, December 11th!  My friend Lisa Fahey, a talented amateur photographer, asked if I would open my house, Belle Ami,  for a photo shoot this holiday season.  Assuming my December would be dead as usual, I said "Yes."  Now of course, all kinds of things have come up since I agreed to this, and then also agreed, since the house would be decked to the hilt, to host three other functions and one Red Hat tour, but what the heck.  I'll sleep in January...or maybe February. 

Who says gilded butterflies and purple sunflowers aren't Christmasy?
The open house is from 11:00 a.m. until at least 3:00 p.m., but we'll extend later as photo appointments fill.  Lisa is charging just $20, which includes uploading all the images to a Snapfish or Shutterfly account, for you to print or email as you wish.  If you don't know how to use that type of online service, Lisa will give you all the info you need, and she assures me it's super easy.  It is a good idea to book in advance, by calling Lisa at (952)292-5188.  Several of our friends have known about this for a couple of weeks, so time slots are filling.

Whether you want photos, or just decorating ideas, (or just to stop in and say "hi") do plan to come!  There are three different Christmas trees, so far, and several other great spots to pose a kid or a whole family, including the porch swing, the gorgeous antique piano, and the staircase, and even a vignette entitled "the children were nestled all snug in their beds" (you might want to bring pajamas and bears!)  The settings range from traditional to contemporary, formal to fun, so there's something to please everyone.

Lisa is also a Tastefully Simple rep, so she will be providing refreshments, and since she'll be manning the camera, I will be happy to take your order, if you sample something you fall in love with.

Sunday, December 11, 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
128 West Main Street, Belle Plaine, MN
to book photos:  (952)292-5188
questions: dawnmariedelara@gmail.com

___________________________________________________
The other big news tonight is that the website for "Rubies & Rust, a Wedding Barn" is finally launched! 

Check it out now!  rubiesandrust.com
The perfectionistic artist in charge of creating the site (no, this perfectionist wasn't me, but as they say, "takes one to know one"), decided to paint and embellish the exterior of the barn in order to get a photo worthy of the website, thus creating a slight delay.  I so want to roll my eyes, but then I am reminded of a certain "I'll do the quick version" paint job inside this barn, and think I best not even raise an eyebrow.  All I can say is, Cindy sure has a knack for picking dedicated friends! 

Please check out the website, and if you are on facebook, be sure to "Like" it.  (rubiesandrust.com) Christmas and New Year's Eve are both big days for wedding proposals, and you never know which of your friends out there will be needing such a venue, come spring!

___________________________________________________

...and finally, what of the "Huzzah" list from just before Thanksgiving?  I'm on it.  A sixty foot long mural job came in the same day a few other plums landed in my lap, and priorities had to be shifted to meet unexpected deadlines.  I'm planning on staying home and finishing those projects, and a few others this weekend, so perhaps I'll earn the "zzah portion" of that by Monday night's blog post.  Have a great weekend!

As always, questions or comments can be left below by clicking on the word "comments", or email me at dawnmariedelara@gmail.com.

Need paint?  I'm booking January, so check out the website for decorating ideas, and the info on how to hire me.  theartofthehome.com.

No comments: