Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Monday, May 23, 2011

What's green and white and fresh as clover?

Before:  Boring Builder Oak. 
Kemerie's new kitchen cabinets!  Except they aren't new.  They just have new paint, and a few added details.  The whole kitchen will be on my website as soon as the new knobs are chosen, and the room is dressed.  For now, these snaps show the feature cabinet, which is my new favorite thing I've ever done.



After:  Cabinets are painted off white, with an umber glaze.  The pantry has been embellished and given the same umber-glazed sage green, as the peninsula.



What do you get when you marry an old headboard to a candle sconce, and trim it with dentil moulding?  A cabinet crown, of course. Click picture for close-up, click again for details.

This is my very favorite part.  The bees are stenciled on with joint compound, allowed to dry, then their details were carved in.  The laurel wreaths are piped joint compound, using a pastry bag.  Click for close-ups, click again for details.


Lucky for us, the clients left for the week, so we could easily commandeer all three garage stalls.  There were at least 26 doors and 21 drawers, but I might have forgotten a few.  Lucky for me, I wasn't working alone on this.

Meet Paul Romleski, from Buckets of Color.  This doesn't show his adorable face, or his wife Peggy who works with him, but it does show you why I love him.  This man will do whatever it takes to get the job done to the highest standard of excellence-even if it requires all but crawling inside the breadbox to fix issues with the original carpentry, so rubbing edges won't ruin new paint.  He also shows up when he says he will, cleans up after himself, and never leaves a drip, spatter, or smudge.  He isn't the cheapest, but nobody matches his quality, so he's the only plain painter I ever recommend.
Another customized pantry cabinet is featured on the "furniture and cabinets" page on my website, theartofthehome.comClick this link to see that, and all the info on how to hire me to totally transform your kitchen (or any other room in your home).

If you want to try this yourself, but need a little info on how I did it, do feel welcone to email me.  dawnmariedelara@gmail.com.

No comments: