Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Friday, May 27, 2011

For the love of leopard

I don't know what it is about leopard that draws me to it.  I don't have a particular fascination with the live animal.  I'm not the kind of gal to wear animal print stilettos, or carry a designer faux skin purse, though come to think of it, I did sew my last purse primarily from my favorite leopard upholstery.  I think I like the way it's such a natural rugged thing, and yet pairs beautifully with gilded shiny baubles.  Kind of a bridge between peeling paint and crystal candle sticks...the kind of pattern on a tee shirt that can almost make hiking boots elegant.  Okay, maybe that's giving it too much clout.  Here are a few snaps of leopards I have known and loved...or painted, at any rate:
With its damaged veneer top, and missing its edge trim, this little table was a perfect candidate for painting.  The fact that it was nearly free at a garage sale was a bonus worth purring about.


The wild child chair started out to be all giraffe, but I got bored with that by the time I finished the legs.  This little table was requested by a client after she saw mine.  The color pallet was tweaked to suit her home.
Check out more painted furniture on my website, theartofthehome.com.

Painting your own?  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  If I know the answer, it's yours!  dawnmariedelara@gmail.com.

No comments: