Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Planter Chairs, Cookie Bears, Santa's in his Underwears...okay, maybe I'm not a lyricist or a singer.

Snowstorm #2 is blowing in, ginger bears are in the oven, and I'm still up at 1:30 in the morning...must be getting close to Christmas!  Keystone Women's Circle is hosting the "Mom and Me Holiday Tea" tomorrow, and despite the fact that we advertised that dads, grand's, aunties and others are welcome, the turnout may be small, as some forecasters are predicting about 10 inches of white stuff before morning.  Mrs. Claus has cancelled, so I'll be reading the stories...thank God our Mrs. Claus happens to be a children's book author, and not a singer!  Of course, Sarah J, who owns Mystic Journey, the shop where we are having this function, gave me a key on her way out tonight, just in case she can't get out of her driveway in the morning.  I think I may be spending my day alone with a whole bunch of cucumber sandwiches.

I spent my week doing lots of small jobs, some of which I can't show here, as they were commissioned as Christmas presents.  Kinda like playing Santa, and getting paid for it.  I can show you some decorations I did for a client, though:


In the summer time, these planter chairs hold cascading flowers, but for now, they're decked out in a mix of greens, ribbon, and glittered nature.  I didn't choose the glittered embellishments, but I gotta admit that attacking perfectly lovely cones and leaves with gold paint is my kind of pretty, so I had a lot of fun with these.

Another job I did this week started out to be a mural on a massage room wall, but quickly changed to a canvas hanging.  This way, I didn't have to paint on cinder block, and the client can take this with him if he moves, or if he does any wellness events where it can be a backdrop.  He supplied a photo of a hand pushing through something almost clear, and I just had to interpret it in acrylic.   

Whew!  It's now 2:00 a.m., and I'm usually up between 3:30 and 5, so this is way late for me.  Since the snow seems to have stopped for now, at only a few inches, I better get some sleep before my debut as the big guy's wife.  You know I only agreed to this because I've been trying to get him to let me sit on his lap all season.  As his wife, he has to let me, right?  I'll let you know what he promises me for Christmas...maybe! :)

No comments: