Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

and now for local news...

I don't know what the weatherman says tomorrow will bring, but I can almost guarantee you that by 7 p.m., it will be frigid cold and windy.  Do I feel it in my bones? nope.  Read it in the flight of the birds? nuh-uh.  Hear it in whispers from the other side?  not me.  I simply know that the odds are excellent that I'm right because tomorrow night is the Belle Plaine Christmas tree lighting ceremony, complete with horse-drawn sleigh rides and a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus.  As usual, however, any snow we had has melted or blown away, so it will be horse-drawn wagon rides, and kids will sit on Santa's lap because he's big enough to block the wind that always kicks up for this celebration, just as the temperature plunges.  We do have a less predictable glitch, as well...

Last I heard, we still didn't have a singing group to perform carols, and no one in the community has stepped forward to offer to lead the crowd in entertaining ourselves.  Look people, don't make me have to do it.  I am the person who lip-syncs "Happy Birthday".  I only sing in church because I take "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord" to be the eleventh commandment.  Three year-olds in the pre-school class I once taught banded together one day and asked me not to sing to them anymore.  I am incapable of carrying a tune, and I am actually kind of shy (no kidding, I really am), but I am also incapable of letting the evening turn into a drab ho-hum event, for want of someone willing to step out of their comfort zone to get things started.  If you are in the area and sing, please show up downtown tomorrow night about 6:45.  If you are farther away, prayers might be a really good idea.

This weekend in Belle Plaine, my friend and fellow artist, Cindy Heimerl (see some of her art on the top of the page theartofthehome.com/links-to-other-artists.html ), is having an open house at her new business, Marion's Place...


Cindy is restyling this five bedroom vintage farmhouse into an event location you can rent by the hour, day, or weekend, for things like bridal showers, family reunions, quilting retreats, women's retreats, etc.  Her current tenants are moving out tonight, and we have three days to move in furnishings and get it transformed! Think we can't possibly do it so quick?  You don't know Cindy!  Plan to come check it out, Sunday the 2nd, and check back here Friday evening for the time and exact address. 

Assuming I survive tomorrow night, I'll have this week's work projects posted then, too.  One little detail got me this email from the client's husband:  "Wow!  Oh, Wow!!!"  It's pretty cool, if I do say so, myself!  Ta-ta til Friday!

No comments: