Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Friday, December 9, 2011

What makes me shine? Brilliant friends!

Twinkle...

10 p.m. Wednesday:  Sherry says, "Tell me again, what do you want me to do with this lamp?"
 Sparkle...
Warning, if you try this at home:  Apparently it is very difficult to put the balls in and get it back together without breaking a few.  I wasn't worried, as they all came from garage sales, but I'm not sure Sherry wants to try any more of my bright ideas.
 Glitter...

Yes, literally glitter.  When my friend Carol sent her art supplies to live at my house, the two van loads included pounds and pounds of glitter.  Putting it in candy jars (some of them my own stacked glass creations), just makes me smile.
 Glimmer...

And you thought I couldn't do traditional!  Okay, truth told, I got Sherry to do it, while I hung curtains.
 Shimmer...

I knew if anyone could make this tatty lampshade into something funky cool, Cindy could! (You've seen her barn, right?  No?  Scroll up the page and click on the photo at the top of the right hand column)
 Glow!
Perfection!  Exactly the look I wanted, but am too fussy to ever get right.
Thanks to the help of these two, who stayed until crazy late Wednesday night, Belle Ami looked prettier than ever when the local chapter of Red Hats arrived here on Thursday morning, for a tour.  Behind every successful woman is...a whole bunch of other successful women lending their hands!  Thank you, Dearhearts, so very, very much.

Don't forget, open house here this Sunday from 11-3.  128 West Main Street, Belle Plaine, MN.

Questions?  email me at dawnmariedelara@gmail.com

Need decorative paint work in January?  Details on how to hire me are on the website, theartofthehome.com.

No comments: