Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Elf Duty 2011


Three days before Christmas, and on my art table I see:  14 Nativity figures, 6 wine or water goblets, 3 chicken domino games, 2 action figure castles, and one more rusty old milk can (on which to paint one more truck and tractor scene).  Yeah, this is my job. 

Did anyone ever tell you that you can't make a career out of something fun?  You just hand them my blog address, while you keep on doing whatever it is you are inspired to do.  A few years ago, my job title was "Goddess of Glitter" (art director for an event company that didn't give titles to anyone), and my work consisted of making party decorations for charity balls and fancy bar mitzvah celebrations.  These days, I don't use quite so much glitter, but especially this time of year, my job looks suspiciously like Friday afternoon in elementary school.  Remember Friday afternoon, when you got to make things with paint and clay and pipecleaners?  Looked kind of like the photo above, didn't it?  If Friday afternoon in sixth grade can be a job, anything can.  Follow your bliss!

When I'm not on elf duty, my job is still pretty fun.  You can view my portfolio at theartofthehome.com.

Making something yourself and have a question?  Feel free to email me at dawnmariedelara@gmail.com, or leave it in the "comments" below.  If I have an answer, I'll be more than happy to share it.

No comments: