Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Friday, August 19, 2011

Norman Rockwell could have painted my week.

It's been a week of Minnesota summer projects.  I painted and lettered a swing set, painted a drab basement floor with a cheery marble pattern, for a sweet lady who fed me pie and memories of a mama who made soap, and this weekend, I'll be missing the Henderson Hummingbird Festival, to consult on turning a 70's modern lakehouse into a charming lakeside cottage, then painting a friend's barn on Sunday.  If the list of projects doesn't say "small town Minnesota", this photo pretty much screams it:
You know it's August in Belle Plaine when the corn wagon shows up!

...and you know you're someplace pretty fine, when this is the payment method.  Yeah, this is my town. Click on photo to enlarge.

August is a great time to paint the new swing set...

...or to get the client's child to paint it for you!

Brenda took a break from canning tomatoes to check on our supervisor, Ava, who kept an eye on Brooke and I from the sandbox.

Having finished the job by the headlights of my van, this could easily have been me.
 
I snapped photos of the swing set, illuminated by the headlights of my van, but they didn't quite cut it.  I'll be popping back over there this next week for touch-ups, so I'll get some daylight shots of the lettering and art.  Speaking of art, if you follow this blog, and are wondering about the sculpture I started a few weeks back, she's underway, but slightly stalled, while I figure out some angles and mural details (see "With Friends Like These").  I'll have progress to post on that late next week.

Now, I don't normally paint swing sets, but I do paint a lot of other stuff.  See my portfolio at theartofthehome.com, where you will also find all the information on how to hire me, or if I don't do what you are looking for, click on the page titled "Links to Other Artists" for everything from plain painters to fine sculptors.

If you have questions about paint or paint projects, feel free to ask me, and I'll answer whatever I can.  dawnmariedelara@gmail.com.

No comments: