Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Monday, January 28, 2013

A wedding, a rock, and a happy ending...

I promised a sneak peek at the Spring Edition of 365 Being, and there are so many great stories and photos to choose from, it's hard to pick.  It will be about a month before it rolls off the presses though, and I'll be playing with the final layout a lot over the next week or two, so I decided to keep it simple tonight.  I love vintage clothing, and when I saw this wedding on the Rubies & Rust facebook page, I knew we had to share it.  Cat tracked down both bride and photographer, and they were delighted to share the photos.  Absolutely adorable does not end with these three! 

We have a whole spread dedicated to this charming vintage style wedding coming in the Spring Issue of 365 Being.  You can order a single issue when it comes off the press, or subscribe now at 365being.com.
 So, since I was working at home on the bookazine, I figured I may as well bake bread, which I have done the old fashioned way for more than 30 years, never yet having made doorstops.  Until now.  Not exactly sure what went wrong, but...well...can anyone say "flatbread"?
Flatter than a folded dishtowel!  Able to chip small floor tiles in a single drop! 
It's a brick!  It's a stone!  It's...
sad. 
just sad.
Earlier last week, when not home perfecting my brick making skills, I was working on the technicolor dreamscape again.  Now that I don't have to crowd three continents around one door, I was able to start deciding who to put on the beach.  Lots more to add there and to the jungle, before I head off across the savanna, and into the outback. 

Ah, way much happier than the bread!  I've crossed the pond and started on the beachy animals.  Who else should join these two?  Suggestions welcome in the comments below.


I never was good at staying inside the lines.  In this case, I went over by about twenty feet.  Details to come...
 I hope your week is starting out bright and cheery, and if things don't go well, you just drop on by for a cuppa tea and a nice slice of doorstop.  Guaranteed to make you feel better!

No comments: