Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Just faux fun...


My week has been full of fun, so far, which is good, because in a few hours I am going to be forced to do a serious mountain of bookkeeping, which will only be made bearable by the fact that my friend, Cat Isles, is going to hold my hand the whole time. Actually, she is going to do the data entry part, while I hold the check register and read off the amounts and categories. Actually, I can't whine too much, 'cause she spent most of yesterday sorting my receipts. Really.  She thinks this kind of stuff is fun. I think she might be nuts, but she thinks the same of me, so we're in good company, at least.  Whatever.  Back to the real fun... 

Remember Jean from last week, with the vanity and curio cabinet? This week, I got to meet with her designer to plan the next mural in her house,  That will be a Tuscan landscape viewed through a wrought iron gate, to be painted in a couple of weeks, in her powder room.  Once those plans were ironed out, I got busy painting stuff down in her family room.  Remember the columns? Here's what I painted on top of them, this week:

Reclaimed barnwood half-column, topped by trompe l'oeil urn of flowers, fruit and twigs.


Inspiration for the style and composition came from this clipping, from an old issue of Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion.  I sure miss that magazine.


Here's the full shot.  While I go paint other projects, and work on getting a magazine to press, dark brown carpet is going in, and the accessories will be placed, so they won't look so lonesome, when the room is finished.


 And now, I can stall no longer.  I'm off to endure torture by numbers.  Maybe Cat will feed me chocolate after.  That would make me almost as happy as being paid to color on people's walls!

If you have questions or comments, please leave them below, or you can email me at

Can I color on your walls?  My portfolio and all the info on how to hire me can be seen at theartofthehome.com

No comments: