Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A (Fairly) Quiet Week

It's a quiet week here at Belle Ami, aside from the near constant roar of air conditioners and fans.  The heat and humidity have been absolutely wicked, but we are being promised a break in it tomorrow.  Dang, just when my gills were coming along nicely.  Faithie's shelf project is coming along nicely, too, and since my project of the week is writing and editing on my book, we'll show you hers...

Faithie the Brave and her Mighty Hammer
 I seldom wish for a video camera, but I sure did when Faith finished the second of the trays, which used fancier trim, and thus required her to make very tricky mitered corners.  The happy dance she did around the art table waving it over her head made me think of someone in a New Orleans marching band, which is such a terrible description, I'm sure you're now wishing I had a video camera, too.  Suffice it to say, she is one proud little girl, and she has every right to be.  Mitered corners are challenging for experienced woodworkers, and overcoming fears the way she's done at every turn of this project is no small feat, either.  Finished shelves will post in a couple of weeks.
First carpentry project: trays to go on shelves she's making for her bedroom.  These will keep art supplies corralled.


 When I'm not writing and teaching Artgirls, I do sling paint and plaster at client's walls.  Check out the portfolio at theartofthehome.com.  



No comments: