Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Friday, July 8, 2011

Dandelions? What dandelions?

I do love this time of the year.  This is the time when enough stuff is in bloom to make even the laziest of gardeners (that would be me), look good.  Who notices the dandelions when the pink lilies pop against the background of the neighbor's shady yard?  Who cares if last year's cilantro went to seed all over the place, when it flowers so pretty with the bee balm?  And maybe ditch lilies and purple bells are as common as weeds, but so what, when they surround my broken-winged fairy so charmingly?  Of course, now that it's all so pretty, the mosquitoes are so thick, and the humidity is so high, that the best view of the garden is from an air-conditioned car in the driveway.  This may just be why I'm the laziest of gardeners.

enchantment among the lilies and bells

bee balm and cilantro peeking between hydrangeas


If you know the name of this lily, please tell me.  It is a little more of a rhubarb pink than the photo shows.
I'll be spending my weekend mostly indoors, if the forecasted 90 degree temperatures and high humidity roll in, but that means the details for the back porch project might get finished.  Check back Monday night to see the room all put together.

To see my portfolio of paint finishes, including garden murals, click on over to theartofthehome.com.

Need garden advice?  Don't ask me!!!  Need advice on a decorating project?  Email me at dawnmariedelara@gmail.com, and if I know the answer to your question, I'll be happy to share it.

No comments: