Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Best Friday Night Fun a Girl Can Have

So, on Monday, I suggested you check back here Wednesday for powder room completion, and then I posted nothing on Wednesday.  I still have nothing to post about that project.  Life's been a bit...well...life-ish, and the work calendar a bit overloaded this week.   Tonight, I could have worked on the powder room, but here were my options:

1.Go to Maureen's and play with clay with an eight year old.
2.Come home from work and install a toilet.
toilet...play...toilet...play...hmm, what to choose?
I chose to take Kadence, one of my art students, to Maureen Carlson's Center for Creative Arts, in Jordan, for Open Studio.  Maureencarlson.com

Once we finally kicked out her mom, who clearly wanted to stay and play, too, and after a long exploration of all the shelves and tables and cases of amazing intricate creatures and characters, Kadence was inspired to make a fairy. 

Maureen kept us company, working on finishing old projects, while we worked.  Like Jensen and Faith, my other two art girls, Kadence has a long attention span, and a later bedtime than me.  Luckily, my job was easy:  just keep conditioning the next color of clay, while the sugarplum worked at perfecting the details.

Waaaay better than spending Friday night at home with a pipe wrench and a paint brush, don't you think?

No comments: