Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ever have one of those days?

Nope, not one of those days.  I mean one of those days where things just fall into place, everybody either loves you or leaves you alone if they don't, the appliances all work, you don't run out of shampoo, toothpaste, or deodorant, the dog does not barf on the carpet, the new client ups the order, and the current client's husband even loves the funky paint job.  Bliss.

I did forget the camera, but said client's husband, Randy, was kind enough to snap me a few pictures and zapped 'em over to me.  I'm doing several things in their home, including troweling four colors of paint on their dining room walls, painting some furniture, and turning builder oak kitchen cabinets into something way cooler.  Here's a sneak peak at one of the doors (Full views next week).

The knobs are vintage and antique metal salt and pepper shakers.  Thank goodness their kitchen isn't any larger, because I've scoured every antique store, thrift shop and occasional sale in a 30 mile radius, and I'm still short three.  Oh well, guess I'll have to go antiquing again tomorrow, on the way to the job site.  I do love my job!

I can't say I've loved the other part of my job these past months, as that's been designing a new website.  Do you know how long it takes to re-size and caption an entire portfolio of photos?  Neither do I.  I lost track of the hours that turned into days that turned into months.  But I'm not whining, because this is one of those days...the day my new website launched!  Check it out at theartofthehome.com!

I'll still be blogging here, in fact I'll probably be blogging more.  There's more to the art of the home than just painting cool cabinets and wonderful walls, and I'm looking forward to writing about the rest of it.  Maybe now that the website is done, I'll have time to actually do some of the rest of it. 

For now, I'm going to call it a night.  I hope you, too, had one of those days.  Wishing you bliss!

No comments: