Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Champagne glaze on a wine bar...

How's your week been so far?  I took a break from playing magazine editor/designer to finish a paint job I started last week, that being my business and all.  It was a really satisfying project, but as it was done with metallic glazes, it doesn't photograph easily, so it doesn't look quite like this in person.  The original plan had been to do a classic linen weave or strie finish, but the samples just looked too fussy.  The designer wasn't on hand to make his opinion known, so the homeowner and I opted for a rubbed streaky finish.  The designer was thrilled. (Whew!)


This was formerly a golden oak bar with mallard green tile on top.  There was a matching tiled fireplace and built-in oak entertainment center to the left of this, which I also worked on.  The new counter top is Cambria, with a chiseled edge, and the fireplace got a very subtle beige tile.  The whole thing's a bit less colorful than my usual pallet, but it is lovely. 

What you don't see here are the ten other doors, and three drawers, which go in two floor to ceiling cabinets at the end of the room.  My inner three-year-old would like to make it known that I could have died of beigey boredom, what with five days of prepping, painting, and glazing, but I didn't.  I persevered, I finished (at 9:30 tonight), the cabinets got rave reviews from designer, client, and client's friends, and I'm done painting for the week.  So, tomorrow it's back to work on page layouts for 365 Being, but at least I can do that in my pajamas, and it's a lot more colorful, so it should be at least noon before the inner brat kicks up a fuss.  Honestly, I don't know how you mothers handle real kids!

Have a great weekend, and hopefully Monday's blog post will include the news that the Spring edition of 365 Being has gone to press.  Prayers and positive ju-ju appreciated!

No comments: