Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Thursday, February 21, 2013

A little fun with dining chairs...

I am in love with this chair.  So in love that I'd like a whole set for my dining room.  In fact, it was one of my inspiration pieces when I designed my dining room...

I may one day have a set of these made.

Then again, I really like this one, which matches the room nicely, but I think a whole set would be a bit too much in the grand scheme of curly-cueness...

One is pretty, but six?  Hmmm...

Hand sculpted plaster rings the upper walls of my dining room.
This one's twigginess goes nicely with the twiggy valances in the adjoining parlor, but it's a bit casual, and for dining the seat would need to be a whole lot more comfortable.  Still, I'd love a pair of these in my garden...

Maybe better for the garden, after all.


The parlour's twiggy valances knock a bit of the starch out of the formal draperies, but the formality of the draperies keeps pace with the dining room's fanciness.
 As a designer, I find the hardest thing about decorating my own home is continually finding delightfully unique furnishings, thus running out of room long before running out of lovely ideas.  I think I have the perfect solution, though...

So many chairs, so little floorspace needed!

Wishing you a perfectly enchanted weekend!

No comments: