Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Take a book!

While I sit around planning the ultimate double-decker Little Free Library, my friend Cat's husband, Stephen (who also happens to be my friend), gets the job done.  The copper roof is faux, but the stained glass door is real.  Stephen rocks!
Take a book, leave a book!  Cat Isles, children's book author and my business partner in 365 Being, is so happy with her new Little Free Library that her toes are curling.  Happiness always makes her toes curl.  I'm pretty sure her toes are permanently curled.
You've not heard of Little Free Libraries?  These are popping up all over the country, built by book lovers, and stocked with faith that those who take a book will leave another in its place.  Travelling?  Most LFL's are registered, so you can check the website for the nearest location to exchange your vacation paperback for something new.  Since I'm not an authority, just a fan whose enchanted front garden will one day have one (never mind that I live across the street from the public library), why not pop over to the official website to learn more:  littlefreelibrary.org
Work day dishes.  Ummm, yeah.  That's my glamorous life.
I've been working on a few projects this week, including backdrops for a local photographer (frontporchphotos.com), and testing the recipes for the winter issue of 365 Being (365being.com).  I can swear we have the best popcorn ball recipe ever.  I know.  I've compared them all.  You're welcome. 

We'll also have lots of other recipes, winter crafts, articles by some very cool authors, entrepreneurs and artists, a look at romance in the era of text messaging, wild home decor, and all kinds of other fun stuff.  If you haven't subscribed, pop on over there now.  Our readers agree it's way better in print ("rich and glossy", "gorgeous"), but you can get the PDFversion, if you prefer.  Can't leave a PDF in a Little Free Library, of course,  but suit yourself. :)

No comments: