Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Monday, November 19, 2012

Make up your own title, please. My brain has just run out of words.

The second issue of 365 Being is nearly ready for the printers to work their magic, turning our pile of pages into boxes of books.  Cat and I have been gathering and writing and puttering for a couple of months, but the last few days, we have shifted into high gear.  We decided to do much of this issue by hand, crafting collaged pages similar to the art journals we have created in classes taught by Barb Kobe, who is our featured artist in this issue. Check out her work by clicking here: barbkobe.com
This is an art journal I started in a Barb Kobe class.  The style of our bookazine is different with every issue, and this time, it will look something like this,sans the dog heads on super model bodies...though maybe in another issue...hmm.
 This fine plan seemed so much simpler a few short weeks ago. There are several things we would have done differently, if we had known yesterday what we know today, and what we will likely learn tomorrow, but we'll just have to do things differently on another issue, as there are many, many more to come.  All different, all so much fun to create.  Subscription info is on our website, 365being.com.  (Check back on that site over the next few days, if you want to get the pdf of the Autumn Sampler super cheap.  Cat's putting it on sale, just for the weekend.  Great way to see what you're missing!)
Looking for hand warmers?  We've got a few ideas for you.  Looking for a kick in the pants to get started on a dream business?  Contributing writer and social media manager Barbara Gates Schaben has that covered.
For those of you here in the U.S., or for those Americans abroad, Happy Thanksgiving!  Hope you all get to spend it with the ones you love best!
I hate to put out anything Christmas before Thanksgiving, but this might not break the rule too badly.  I had to shoot several ideas for Christmas tree decorating, so I saved the least Christmasy for last, and left it up.  Kinda mellow for me, but I'm in a mellow mood this year.  Plus, I have to do four more for the Holiday Open House here in December, so I'll get my glitz fix then!
As soon as this bookazine goes to press, I'll get back to slinging paint at walls, with a mix of small projects on the calendar.  Next week, I'll be finishing aVictorian vestibule, painting a contemporary oak tree silhouette spreading down a hallway, creating something fabulous to frame up a display niche in a European formal style living room, and adding some bits to a woodland mural.  At least, I'm pretty sure that's what I'm doing.  Things have a way of rearranging themselves, so check back and see what gets painted where!

Questions or comments?  Leave them below, or email me at dawnmariedelara@gmail.com.
Want to see what I paint on walls, when I'm not playing around making a magazine?  My portfolio is at theartofthehome.com

No comments: