Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Monday, September 12, 2011

Mark your calendar!

I don't have anything new to write about, because when I've not been whitewashing a million square feet (okay, that's exaggerating, it's probably only a half a million) of knotty pine paneling at the lake house job, I'm up at Cindy Faus Heimerl's beautiful barn, helping get it ready for it's debut.  Tonight, I finished the faux stone walls, while another friend stained the stairs and measured up for small woodworking projects.  Not sure exactly what Cindy was doing, but making things prettier by the minute, to be sure.

The barn part of her wedding business is called Rubies & Rust, and it's a venue for smallish weddings and other gatherings.  The open house is this Sunday, the 18th, out here in Belle Plaine.  More info and directions can be found by clicking on the photo at the top of the column to the right.  Do plan to come!  This is no ordinary barn, and Cindy is certainly no ordinary woman, so it's bound to be an extraordinary evening.

Check back here on Thursday morning, for an update on progress...lake house, barn, Belle's bathroom plaster... something's bound to be finished and photogenic by then!

If there's anything I can do for your home, I'm booking early October now.  Check out the website at theartofthehome.com.

If you are working on a decorating project of your own and have questions, feel free to email me at dawnmariedelara@gmail.com, and I'll share whatever info I have.

No comments: