Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Friday, June 1, 2012

Inspiration: Belle Ami

I love sharing this sweet old house, and it seems my friends love her nearly as much as I do.  Here's a poem written by my friend Elle, at a recent soup and studio gathering...

Small Town Memories
Small towns
Allow the memories to pass through me

With each slow-moving car
Time ticks to the beat of the swinging chain
That suspends the front porch swing
Which faces the little pink bookcase
The little pink bookcase
Just like the one my grandmother owned
And kept on her porch to hold the books
Books she would read to me
She would read and laugh until she cried
And I would laugh until I slept
All to the sounds of the songbirds


She is long gone now
But the same tolling bell still rings the time across the rooftops


Which brings me back
To the sounds of the songbirds today
Awakening me with their springtime chortles
That sound so much like her laughter
And remind me of the books
That opened my world
From the little bookcase on grandmother’s porch
Like the one painted pink
Across from me
As I rock to the beat
Of the swinging chain
And the cars pass by
In this small town

~Elle Allen
 
Inspired by all the familiar pieces, antiques and otherwise at Dawn Marie’s home and while sitting on her front porch this fine spring day in Belle Plaine, MN.
 
Leave comments or questions below, or email me at dawnmariedelara@gmail.com, if you prefer.

No comments: