Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Thursday, April 1, 2010

You splash my back, and I'll splash yours!




Well, I had thought that by now I would be posting pictures of my own kitchen, but the backsplash is holding me up.  Nothing going badly, just my usual way of starting with one idea, and with no real restriction on how much time I can spend, being continually sidetracked with thoughts of  "Hey, what if I try this...or this...or maybe..."  So, my backsplash next week...I think. 

For now, here's one I painted in a kitchen up toward St. Cloud.  Yup, painted.  There is no tile in these photos.  The marble countertops are real, the red tile...paint!  Now, this is fairly time consuming, so not a huge amount cheaper than real tile, but since the homeowners knew they were thinking of selling, they wanted something potential buyers wouldn't be put off by, if red tile isn't their thing.  Five minutes with a sanding block, and they can roll right over it.

The house, by the way, just went on the market.  It's just a short bit from the Annandale exit, tucked back in the trees.  I'm remembering four bedrooms, two fireplaces, attached garage and seperate storage buildings, as well as a dog run, nice landscaping...and some really cool paint in a few rooms!  email me if you want more details, and I'll forward you to the homeowners.


No comments: