Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Autumn revisited...

I'm working on a plaster frame around a display niche this week, and though that isn't ready for photos, a project I did in the same home last autumn finally is.  I showed the completed mural and faux stone surround, but with the rest of the room unfinished.  Here's the final...

Jean's finished powder room. I'll try to backpost the designer's info, when I get it. I know his name is Thomas, and he has a huge smile, and a great eye for combining textures and materials.

And here's a look back at my part in creating it...
Blank canvas, er, Sheetrock.

Mural roughed in, "stone" arch taped and mud underway.

This ten inch crown moulding isn't really wood.  The client distressed the white polystyrene stuff, then had me paint and glaze it.  Nobody would ever know, if Jean didn't insist on telling.  Bad for the illusion, but good for business. 
I'll post this week's project Monday, or maybe I'll back that up to Sunday, since I plan to be busy sitting on Santa's lap Monday evening.  You think I'm kidding.  Santa and I are old pals...:)

Winter issue of 365 Being is now available at 365being.com.

More of my mural and faux finishing work can be seen at theartofthehome.com.

No comments: