Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Designer addictions

I'm having fun this week, doing a bunch of small projects for Jean and Joanne.  They live almost next door to each other, in nearly identical twin homes.  Their decorating tastes are similar enough that they can spot ideas for each other, but different enough that their friendship is not threatened by 50% Off sales on one of a kind items.  They share a rather pronounced fondness for shopping, wine in the evenings, and (this week anyway) my services.  I no sooner start one thing, than one of them comes up with another project.  Not sure when I'll get everything done, some in the coming weeks, and some next winter, but here's a peek at a couple that will be finished in time for Monday's blog post...


These doors are for the bathroom vanity, which was the initial project.  They are finished with several different metallics, to coordinate with the big fancy mirror that hangs above.  They still need their umber glaze, before I re-install them.

This perfectly sweet little whitewashed cabinet holds Jean's collection of McCoy pottery.  It compliments the pottery, but doesn't really coordinate with the room it inhabits.

 I spent a few hours today, half-stripping the paint finish, and tomorrow I'll use a gray-brown stain to give it a weathered appearance.  Kind of like this column...

The finish on this dummy column inspired the finish on the curio cabinet above. As soon as that's done, my next project is to figure out what to paint above or between a pair of these, to add interest to a long, blank wall.
Jean and Joanne are keeping me pretty well to themselves, but I do have a few lag days while other contractors finish tiling and priming, so if you have a small project to be done in the next two weeks, speak up now, or wait until later in August, when they're bound to come down off of their decorating high.

You can peruse my portfolio at theartofthehome.com, if you like, and contact me at dawnmariedelara@gmail.com.  If you are working on projects of your own, and think I might know something useful, please don't hesitate to ask.  I get to try lots of techniques and products, and I'm always happy to share whatever I know.

No comments: