Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Monday, May 13, 2013

Warning: I brake for junk.

You know that Christmas song that goes "It's the most wonderful time of the year"?  I've been singing it all day.  (What was that?  Now it's stuck in your head?  Sorry 'bout that.)  No, it's not snowing again, here in Minnesota.  I think the sleet on Saturday really might have been the end of that nonsense.  It's spring, and while I do love spring for all the usual reasons, I really love it because...

It's Junk Season!  There are finds popping up on curbs everywhere!  Look what I got today:
These old radio cabinets are the best for repurposing.  Never mind the chipped veneer or the scratches!  With a bit of paint and a little restyling, it could be an elegant liquor cabinet or display niche.  With a lot of paint and all kinds of other stuff, it could be a cool mixed media art piece.  I have one in my kitchen converted to a bookcase (the front opening is much larger than this one), and one in my dining room that I want to turn into a puppet theater.  This one might become a doll house.  Maybe Madame Lucie (click her name or read the last post to meet her) would like to live in it.  Or maybe I need it for linens, or it could hold the printer and fax in the office, or...

 You don't quite get the excitement?  Oh, well.  The resident rabbit wasn't too impressed with my fab find, either.  She tried to keep an eye on me while I unloaded it from the van, but the warm sun was too much for her.  Just looking at her is making me yawn, so I must be over my rapture enough to get some sleep.  Perhaps I"ll dream up even more ideas for things to create from obsolete technology.

Have a great week filled with your favorite treasures! 

No comments: