Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Friday, March 23, 2012

Take me home...

Sometimes, the art of the home is knowing when it's time to get out of the house.  Tonight I went up to Merlins Rest, a pub in Minneapolis, to hear folk singer/songwriter, Shaun Daniel play.  He's a fairly recent transplant to Minnesota, coming from the Pacific Northwest, where he knows my parents through an environmental organization.  I've been meaning to go see him perform for months, and tonight, it finally worked out that a few friends and I were able to make the show.  I took photos, but he came out with glowing coals for eyes, and my cheap little photo program wouldn't fix it properly.  You can check out his music here, reverbnation.com/shaundaniel (good stuff!), and find him on facebook, if you want to see what he looks like (cute young pup).

The nice thing about going to a bar (and this is the first time I've gone to a bar since sometime before they went smoke-free, several years ago), is being reminded how much I like being home.  Cozy old house, warm jammies, favorite books, and music on the CD player, where I can actually hear it ( I bought Shaun's, tonight).  I'm glad I went, getting to hang out with dear friends and meet Shaun in person, but I'm glad to be home again.  It's just my favorite place to be.

I did get some work done this past week.  Here's the medallion I started last week, now finished, with the ceiling glazed.  They will be adding the chandelier soon, but it's easier to get a full view right now with the temporary fixture in place.
This was the start...

...and here's how it turned out.
 I hope your home is your favorite place to be. If not, perhaps there is something I can do to help. Check out my website, theartofthehome.blogspot.com.

Working on a D-I-Y or craft project? If you run into questions and think I might know the answer, please feel welcome to email me at dawnmariedelara@gmail.com.



No comments: