Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Monday, January 2, 2012

Making Changes

Early last year, I made a commitment to blog three nights a week, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  I have to say I am pleased as I look back, to remember the nights it wasn't convenient, or that I couldn't think of a single interesting thing to share, and yet I pushed through, occasionally coming up with my best writing...and often just waking up at the keyboard, with odd strings of letters on my screen.  Ah, well.  The hardest part of being an artist of any type can be showing up at the page, when life is pulling you so many directions, or a cozy bed is beckoning.

For me, 2012 is starting with a work schedule that is full of decorating, writing, illustrating and teaching.  So full, I'm expecting to need help soon, at least to keep up with filing and dusting.  I'm also starting the year with a more balanced personal life than I have probably ever had.  Getting myself aligned spiritually and emotionally has also aligned me with a community of friends, and though I will never be a social butterfly, I do find that I have a few social commitments that are as important to me as creating art and writing stories about it.  For this reason, I've decided to drop the blogging schedule to two nights a week, Tuesday and Thursday, which means new posts will appear Wednesday and Friday mornings in the U.S. (Cypress, South Africa, Australia, et al...well, you do the math, please).

I hope 2012 is the year your goals are achieved, your wishes come true, and your dreams expand to crowd out any fears you hold (and any time in your schedule for dusting).  May you be healthy, strong, courageous, joyful, and CREATIVE!  See you late Tuesday night!

No comments: