Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Monday, July 18, 2011

Isn't it lovely?

I heard today that a local weatherman mentioned that the only place more humid than Minnesota this week is the Amazon Rain Forest.  I don't know how the air could hold any more water and still be called air!  Lucky for me, while I was waiting for a friend to come help set the air conditioners into my windows (hundred year old houses aren't usually set up for central air), I had an air conditioned job site to go to.  Aside from being perfectly chilled, the house is full of the vibes of this sweet young couple, and putting a love note on their bedroom wall was a perfectly lovely way to spend a steamy Sunday afternoon.

If you know who to credit this quote to, would you kindly email me, or comment below, so I can add the name at the end of the last line?

This was another lettering project I did last week.  I'm not a sign painter anymore, but when friends and neighbors ask, I'll do it, as long as it makes sense not to go with vinyl from a sign shop.  In this case, vinyl lettering doesn't stick to rusty sawblades, and wouldn't look as appropriate. 

This was for a neighbor whose company makes gorgeous furnishings out of salvaged barns, and sells a few other salvaged rustic bits from the showroom here in Belle Plaine.  Check out the website at reclaimed-woodworks.com. Look under the "More" tab at the display frames, which I absolutely love.  They make excellent bulletin boards in eclectic, transitional, and (both European and American) country style interiors.  If you want something other than what's shown, don't hesitate to ask them.  I've seen some seriously cool stuff that's not on the website.

Got something to say on your walls?  You can check out my portfolio of possibilities at theartofthehome.com, or if you are doing it yourself and have questions, feel perfectly welcome to email me at dawnmariedelara@gmail.com.

No comments: