Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Saturday, June 15, 2013

A little bit of Venice


Actually, a bunch of bits of Venice.  This scene doesn't really exist.  It's compiled from a handful of vacation photos belonging to the clients, which guarantees it's one of a kind, and super personal.  But boy, for a small mural, this one sure took some time!  It's all those windows and roof tiles, of which I would love to show you close-ups, but, um, I sort-of forgot to take them.  I finished at 10:45 tonight, so we can blame it on fatigue, and wanting to get done and out before my clients booted me out.  I'll get more photos of the finished room, once the tile backsplash is done, and I can catch close-ups then.  For now, proof that I do actually still paint walls:

Feature wall in kitchen.  Walls are hand painted marble.

and a little closer

Dusty, the supervisor on this project, liked my ladder.  If you look very close, you can see him in the painting, sitting outside the restaurant.

No comments: