Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.

Ornamental Plaster Sculpting, Mural Painting, Faux Finishing, and Imaginative Interior Design.
CLICK ON THE RABBIT ( yes, those are cabinets) TO SEE MY PORTFOLIO, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES...theartofthehome.com

Friday, December 26, 2008

Twas the Day After Christmas

I hope you all had a wonderfully merry Christmas! I spent the weeks before the holiday painting commissioned gifts, but still managed to finish Mr. Q's quilt, though not until about 4:30 on Christmas morning. Elves don't sleep in December, they hibernate in January! I won't have time for that either, but I did get some good napping in yesterday afternoon, with the sun pouring through the front window, onto my favorite corner of the couch...mmmm.

What perfect Christmas weather! Plenty of snow on the ground for a proper white Christmas, but nothing new on the roads. The neighbor kids were out in our front yard with toys and toboggans, and seemed delighted that I haven't yet had time to shovel the sidewalk from Tuesday's storm. Did you know that you can sled down snowy front steps? It's a pretty short ride, with an abrupt end, but it can be done!

I'm looking forward to sharing photos of the projects just finished, and some fresh ideas for the new year, but for today, I better go get that snow shoveled, before today's warmer temps turn the sidewalk into a skating rink (sorry Kids). Oh yes, a final note for those of you who haven't yet sent all the gifts and cards...the wise men didn't get there with the gifts until twelve days later, so give yourself a break, and enjoy the whole season (yes, Mom, the card's in the mail)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to be reminded that we needn't follow all the rules for celebrating and being that our society and culture has put upon us.

Already I'm celebrating that I have 368 days (until Jan. 6 of 2010)to enjoy planning for the 2009 holiday sesaon. I like it. I think I'll spend a bit of time each month enjoying the process. Maybe on one Sunday evening each month, or a Tuesday????